Tactical RMM is a remote monitoring & management tool, built with Django and Vue. It uses an agent written in golang and integrates with MeshCentral.
- Teamviewer-like remote desktop control
- Real-time remote shell
- Remote file browser (download and upload files)
- Remote command and script execution (batch, powershell and python scripts)
- Event log viewer
- Services management
- Windows patch management
- Automated checks with email/SMS alerting (cpu, disk, memory, services, scripts, event logs)
- Automated task runner (run scripts on a schedule)
- Remote software installation via chocolatey
- Software and hardware inventory
Windows agent versions supported
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11, Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, 2019, 2022
Linux agent versions supported
- Any distro with systemd
RMM Server Installation
There’s pluses and minuses to each install type. Be aware that:
- There is no migration script, once you’ve installed with one type there is no “conversion”. You’ll be installing a new server and migrating agents manually if you decide to go another way.
Debian vs Ubuntu
|Base RAM Usage||OS|
|80MB||Clean install of Debian|
|300MB||Clean install of Ubuntu|
- It’s a VM/machine. One storage device to backup if you want to do VM based backups
- You have a backup and restore script
- Much easier to troubleshoot when things go wrong
- Faster performance / easier to fine tune and customize to your needs
- Docker is more complicated in concept: has volumes and images
- Backup/restore is via Docker methods only
- Docker has container replication/mirroring options for redundancy/multiple servers
The Legal entity behind Tactical RMM
A lot of features in the web UI are hidden behind right-click menus; almost everything has a right click menu so if you don’t see something, try right clicking on it.
NATS over TLS needs a real certificate signed with a trusted root certificate.
tacticalrmm (this link opens in a new window) by amidaware (this link opens in a new window)
A remote monitoring & management tool, built with Django, Vue and Go.